12 November 2009

Gabriel Obertan: Reviewed!


When the Paris born -Gabriel Obertan first arrived at Old Trafford in July, every one was talking that the chances of his inclusion in the first squad were remote.

But I'm definitely sure, his performance in the four games he has played for United so far have silenced his critics or should I say "ignorant critics"!

The 20 year old is tremendously fast and TALL! His header abilities are decent. Basically he does every simple task on the field perfectly. At one time, he reminded me of young Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Frenchman looked shaky at times, especially against Blackburn where he could have scored an easy goal but shooted right in the hands of the goalie. However, his ability to take on the defence of the opposition is really impressive and will prove out to be a great asset for united in future. He can replace Giggs in a 4-5 years of nourishment by Fergie.

I dont see any reason, why he shouldn't be in first squad.

I wanted to feel part of the squad and be involved in the games, so I am feeling really good right now," said the 20-year-old.

"At first I just want to be part of the squad, be in the group that travels to all the games, and get a few minutes on the pitch.

"But I have ambition. If I keep working hard and show what I can do, why not aim to be a regular in the team?

"I might need a year to achieve that, but I hope I can do it."


The Manchester Evening News report that Obertan's progress is already putting Nani's future at United in doubt and the Frenchman is eager to force his way into manager Sir Alex Ferguson's starting line-up on a regular basis.

Glory Glory Man United

No comments:

Blog Directory TheReDevilSpot - Blogged