16 January 2011

A legend that is RYAN GIGGS!!



The match against Tottenham Spuds will mark the legend's 600th appearance for the Reds. A one-club man, Ryan was stolen away by United right under the nose of the noisy neighbors when Sir Alex personally visited his place to make him sign a contract with United after watching him play from his office window.
Since then, the Welsh Wizard has won more honours than any other player in the club's history. He recently overtook Sir Bobby Charlton's record of most appearances in United shirt. His trophy cabinet includes, along with many personal achievements, an unbelievable tally of 11 Premier League titles,4 FA Cups, 2 UEFA Champions League, 1 FIFA Club World Cup, 8 FA Shield and 1 Intercontinental Cup.

Here's the Welsh Wizard in quotes:

By himself:

> "I am still not the oldest!! Edwin is the oldest." (on being dubbed as "old")

>"I am still shouted at by the boss."

>"A lot of people don't know that my father is black. Kids at school used to make fun of it. But football used to be my best friend."

>"I remember running home from my mate's house, turning the corner and seeing that big Mercedes. I'd forgotten he was coming that day. It was the one and only time he's ever let me off with being late.(on the time when Sir Alex visited his place to make him join United)

>"As a footballer, I can't imagine life without the use of my legs.. Sadly, this is exactly what happens to thousands of children every year when they
accidentally step on a land mine." (when he started the UNICEF campaign)

>"Arsenal have never been able to defend a Championship and we hope Chelsea face that sort of problem this year" (start of 2010-11 season)

>"We already earn more than enough money from football and sponsors. My expenditures include just house bills, holidays and school fee." (on having a quiet wedding while Becks and Rooney sold their wedding pics to tabloids)

>"United are a family club. When I was young, Bruce and Robson used to cheer me up while I sulked in the backseat of the bus after a difficult game."



By others:

"Ryan makes you believe there is a football God." - Ron Atkinson

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not Ryan Giggs" - Johann Cruyff

"A young Giggsy was like a Ballet Dancer. I had never seen a young player like that and I had seen the Busby Babes." - Eric Harrison (United youth coach)

"I was almost in tears watching him play" - Alan Smith (Greater Manchester Schools Manager)

"Giggs is truly world class." - Zinedine Zidane

"Beckham and Scholes have shown their talents as goalscorers, but Giggs is the best." - Alessandro Del Piero

"The first time I saw Giggsy, he was playing for Salford Boys against United's apprentices. He was thin and wiry but he just glided past four of our apprentices as if they weren't even there, then he put the ball in the back of the net. I just thought "This kid's an absolute natural" - Bryan Robson

"How I would love to adorn my team sheet with the words 'Sir' Ryan Giggs. He is like a god in the dressing room, yet easily accessible." - Sir Alex

No comments:

Blog Directory TheReDevilSpot - Blogged