04 January 2011

Macheda loaned out to Sampdoria (Italy) till the end of 2010-11 season


Federico Macheda is more than happy to be on loan at Sampdoria for the remainder of the season where he would get enough experience to be #1 at United. C'mon! Let's all hope he comes back to United in the coming season.

Several Italian clubs were believed to have been chasing the player for a temporary move, as well as West Brom, while manager Sir Alex Ferguson had hoped that the youngster would remain in England and ply his trade in the Premier League.

However, it appears that the 19-year-old fancies a short-term move back to his homeland, and has pushed the deal through to continue his footballing education at the Genoa-based club.

"There are still a couple of faxes [to be sent] but sometime between Wednesday and Thursday I will be in Italy," Macheda told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Genoa is a beautiful city and I am happy."

He added: "I am only playing 10-20 minute spells in games currently and that is not helping my growth. Ferguson is of the same opinion.

"In this regard, we are all happy because in six months' time, Manchester United will get a stronger player."

The Italy Under-21 international also hoped that he would not be viewed as a replacement for Antonio Cassano, who left the club under controversial circumstances to join AC Milan.

"Cassano is a champion while it's the first time I will have played in Serie A," said Macheda. "Cassano and I are players with very different characteristics and on two different levels.

"I know there is a lot of expectation on me but the responsibility does not scare me. If I don't play I won't mature.

"Here the football is very tactical but I have no fear."

No comments:

Blog Directory TheReDevilSpot - Blogged